There's one constant in talking to hundreds of people across marketing, media, agencies and tech: a desire for safe, intelligent conversation and analysis of global and Australian industry developments. Conversations that are considered, constructive and challenging. That avoid anonymity.
The intent is to go deeper for leaders and emerging leaders in marketing, agencies, media and technology. Let's see if the pool of curious, time-poor, intelligence-hungry, considered industry folk in the marketing food chain get some value. Welcome anyway.
Contact UsEditorial - EditorialTeam@mi-3.com.au
Commercial Team - email@example.com
The people behind Mi3
Paul McIntyre Executive Editor
- Paul is a 25-year business journalist who has covered the marketing, tech, media and advertising industries for mastheads including The Australian Financial Review, The Australian, The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age, The New Zealand Herald, BRW and Advertising Age (US).
Paul co-founded and launched Mi3 in April 2019.
Brendan Coyne Editor
- Brendan has covered media, industrial, energy and telco verticals across a 20-year career, watching with interest as those sectors converge. In the UK, he has launched new products and conferences across clean technology niches, such as electric vehicles, battery storage and flexible energy. In Australia he has contributed to Mi3 since launch and is a former editor of industry title, AdNews.
Josh McDonnell Senior Writer
- Josh has covered media, marketing and advertising for four years with Mi3 and previously with AdNews. He has also worked across the fashion, retail and finance sectors for business publications including Ragtrader, SMSF Advisor and Accountants Daily. Josh joined Mi3 as part of its early editorial team expansion in 2020 and covers media, agencies and marketing. Josh also co-leads Mi3's focus on News Analysis and News Plus reporting.
Nicola Riches Contributing Editor
- Nicola has been a journalist and editor for more than 20 years. Her early career in London was carved out on the music press – both in print and online - during a time when websites were only just launching, and Napster was rearing its head. Then the dot com bubble burst and she made a swift, safe move to the music biz trade press, becoming digital editor for the prestigious Music Week before taking up a post a few years later as editor of its rival, and start-up, Record of the Day. During that time, Nicola also wrote and edited three books about the music industry and technology, commissioned and published by Random House. During the industry's litigious phase when suing 'illegal' downloaders seemed like the right thing to do, Nicola worked as comms advisor to two lobbying organisations – UK Music and The Ivors Academy. Nicola relocated to Sydney in 2013 and joined AdNews as a part-time reporter. After a brief stint away, she returned to AdNews for a short time as associate publisher. In 2020, she took on the editorship of Sydney's lower north shore's institution, The Village Observer - a 25-year-old free lifestyle magazine. Nicola remains at the helm of TVO, while also supporting the Mi3 team with reporting and subbing duties.
Danielle Long Contributing Editor
- Danielle has 19 years experience as a journalist covering the marketing, media, advertising and tech industries. She has worked in Australia, China and the UK for publications including AdNews, Campaign, The Drum, New Media Age and Revolution, as well as contributing to titles such as The Australian, Australian Creative, B&T, Marketing (AU), Marketing (UK) and Marketing Interactive (APAC).
Sam Buckingham-Jones Senior Writer
- Sam is a journalist with 10 years' experience covering court, crime, business, politics and media. He previously worked at The Australian, where he was twice shortlisted as Young Journalist of the Year for the NRMA Kennedy Awards, and Nine Radio, where he worked as a radio producer and news reporter. He has written for The Australian, The Guardian, The Sydney Morning Herald and CityAM, and spent two years working in corporate communications in London.