Initiative, GroupM name new Chief People Officers
Initiative has hired a new Chief People Officer, Erin Jakubans, with the specific objective to grow and retain the best people it can get. Current CPO Scott Laird has taken the corresponding role at GroupM.
What you need to know:
- Initiative has named a new Chief People Officer, Erin Jakubans, to replace Scott Laird, who leaves in January to join GroupM.
- Jakubans joins from a Dubai-based role as Head of HR, UAE, for global law firm Baker McKenzie.
Initiative has named former Erin Jakubans to the role of Chief People Officer, beginning on February 1.
A former Dubai-based UAE Head of Human Resources for global law firm Baker McKenzie, Jakubans has also worked in senior HR roles for GroupM and Omnicom Media Group.
She will replace former Chief People Officer Scott Laird, who has resigned and will joined GroupM as Chief People Officer in the early new year.
Laird is the first major hire by GroupM CEO Aimee Buchanan, who joined the WPP-owned media agency in July. He replaces Cindy Grass, who is stepping down to pursue new opportunities. Laird will lead people and culture and work with HR leads at Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker and Essence.
The changes come as the industry – nationwide – grapples with a talent shortage. One recent IAB report estimated 10 per cent of digital advertising jobs were currently vacant.
Mi3 Special Report: Australia Post-Cookies, Post-Privacy
- How brands including ANZ, CommBank, Adore Beauty, Little Birdie, Menulog and Westpac are racing for new privacy-compliant ways to market to customers as platform and regulatory changes bite.
- Report covers all of Australia‘s major publishers, their strategies.
- All major alternative IDs covered.
- Plus marketing consultancies, tech provider and agency insights.
- Independent Mi3 report, based on 35-plus interviews, supported by MiQ and Resolution Digital.
How brands including CommBank, Adore Beauty, Little Birdie, Menulog and more are racing for new privacy-compliant ways to market to customers as platform and regulatory changes bite.Get ahead of the curve. DOWNLOAD THE REPORT HERE DOWNLOAD your 67-page report here.
‘The great Aussie SMB reset’: The opportunity for marketers in a massive boom for small and medium businesses
Val Morgan is working with Karen Nelson-Field’s team at Amplified Intelligence to study the effect of attention metrics on cinema audiences. As James Bond’s latest film storms the global box office, it’s time for more meaningful metrics – and cinema is in a class of its own on the attention scale, Val Morgan’s Guy Burbidge writes.
The advertising industry deserves a collective round of applause. In the face of a global pandemic, near constant – and ongoing – privacy questions and scrutiny, advertisers innovated and experimented like never before, and the whole market is better for it. Success in the next (hopefully disruption-free) year will require collaboration and partnerships.